When shopping this summer, please be aware of possible “skimming” scams when utilizing your PSFCU card at ATMs!/p>
Fraudsters may attach devices at card readers to collect your data.
How to Avoid Being Skimmed
- Inspect the ATM, gas pump, or credit card reader before using it. Be suspicious if you see anything loose, crooked, or damaged, or if you notice scratches or adhesive/tape residue.
- Lightly tug the area of the card slot. Most skimming devices are attached with double sided tape for quick removal by the crooks.
- When entering your PIN, block the keypad with your other hand to prevent possible hidden cameras from recording your number.
- If possible, use an ATM at an inside location (less access for criminals to install skimmers).
- Be careful of ATMs in tourist areas. They are a popular target of skimmers.
- If your card isn’t returned after the transaction or after hitting “cancel,” immediately contact the financial institution that issued the card.
For 24/7 account access, just log in to Home Banking at www.mypsfcu.org or download our mobile app on the App Store® or Google Play™. For all our latest news, follow us on Twitter @PasadenaServFCU and “Like” us on our Facebook profile at www.facebook.com/mypsfcu.