We’ve been so busy; I can hardly believe a new year is already here! But on the heels of our 2018 expansion efforts—which included both a merger and the acquisition of seven new shared branches—2019 came roaring in with several large projects already well underway!
Our focus this year was to “Stabilize, Strengthen, Streamline and Sustain” our expanded branch network and newly onboarded staff to improve unity, consistency and performance across organization.
We made numerous strides toward that end in 2019, including
• Updating several branches with new paint, carpet, furniture, signage and equipment upgrades, to make them consistent with PSCU’s technology requirements, aesthetic standards and branding.
• Relocating both the Grosse Ile and Garden City branches to new, modern facilities with drive-up service.
• Rolling out a new Employee Product Knowledge Assessment to ensure that everyone on our staff is well informed about our products and services and able to offer knowledgeable expertise to our members.
• Implementing a new database to streamline and improve internal reporting.
• Introducing Instant Issue debit cards (much to the delight of the membership!)
• Introducing a new savings program called Round-Up that helps members save money by rounding up their debit card purchases.
• Developing and introducing an interest-bearing checking account.
With all that going on, we still managed to grow our assets from $286MM to $293MM and our net earnings exceeded $2MM. Our membership remained steady at nearly 33,000.
We couldn’t have accomplished all this without our incredible staff, who continue to amaze me with their energy and enthusiasm, their passion for championing members needs, and their innovative ideas for offering first-rate products and services and exceptional member experience!
We truly have a great group of people here, and I am so grateful and proud of their ongoing commitment to our local communities and their genuine passion for giving back through the various charitable initiatives that PSCU sponsors throughout the year.
I’m looking forward to another successful year in 2020 as we continue to build a great team and a thriving branch network, with cutting-edge products and services, and a redoubled commitment to providing the highest level of customer service. Here are a few of the improvements you can look for in 2020:
- Enhancements to our Home and Mobile banking systems to include credit scores and enhanced security features.
- Ability to send service requests and receive account notifications via text messaging.
- A new and improved website that’s easier to navigate.
- The introduction of Relationships Rewards.
- Instant Issue Debit Card machines in three additional offices.
- Relocation of the Southfield office to a new branch with drive-up facilities.
- A remodel of the Cadillac Place office with an additional entrance from West Grand Blvd.
So, as you can see, we have another busy year ahead of us focused on improving the service we provide to you, our member. Please let us know how we are doing and about any changes that you would like to see to make Public Service Credit Union the only financial institution you’ll ever need!
On behalf of our Board of Directors and the entire staff, we wish you and yours a safe, happy and prosperous new year!
Dean J. Trudeau